2. Buyer’s Premium. A Buyer’s Premium at the rate of 24.5% plus VAT (29.4% inclusive of VAT @ 20%) will be charged on the hammer price of each lot purchased. Some items, such as books and unframed maps, however, are zero-rated for VAT and, therefore, no VAT will be payable by buyers on the Buyer’s Premium for lots consisting solely of books or unframed maps.
New bidders may have to provide proof of identification and address and valid debit or credit card details as security. Live online bidding is available via www.the-saleroom.com
, which attracts an additional charge of 5% plus VAT (6% inclusive of VAT @ 20%) on the hammer price of each lot purchased.
4. Condition. While indications of condition are given in some lot descriptions, an absence of such advice does not imply that a lot is free from defect, restoration or alteration. Prospective bidders must satisfy themselves as to the condition of a lot prior to bidding. Our staff can provide condition reports for those unable to attend our rooms.
5. Measurements. All measurements and weights provided in lot descriptions should be considered approximate.
6. Catalogue Amendments. It is important for prospective bidders to check the latest version of the catalogue prior to the sale for any changes which may affect lots on which they intend to bid.
7. Payment. Payment is accepted in GB Pounds only by cash, card, bank transfer or cheque. Buyers will be held liable for any expenses arising from their method of payment. Goods paid for by cheque will not be released until the cheque has cleared; cheque clearance takes eight bank processing days from the day of paying-in.
Payment by card. We accept debit and credit cards bearing the ‘VISA’, ‘V PAY’, ‘MasterCard’, ‘Maestro’, ‘Discover’, ‘Diners Club International’ and ‘American Express’ symbols. A surcharge of 2.5% plus VAT (3% inclusive of VAT @ 20%) of invoice total is payable by the buyer if paying by credit card, V PAY card, Diners Club International card or American Express card. There is no surcharge if payment is made by debit card, with the exception of V PAY card.
Card-not-present transactions. The maximum debit or credit card payment accepted over the phone is £2,500. Multiple card-not-present payments to cover an invoice total in excess of £2,500 are not accepted. Card-not-present transactions are subject to our compliance requirements and are only accepted from buyers whose cards are registered to a UK address which receives a full AVS match (Address Verification System). It is not possible to make card-not-present payments by V PAY card.
Our bank details for transfers. Bank: Lloyds Bank plc. Branch Name: South Street Worthing. Branch Address: 41 South Street, Worthing, West Sussex BN11 3AU. Branch Sort Code: 30-99-93. Account Number: 00219960. Account Name: Rupert Toovey & Co Ltd Clients Auction. BIC: LOYDGB21132. IBAN: GB75 LOYD 3099 9300 2199 60. Please ensure you pay all bank charges, so that the correct amount reaches our account.
8. Collection. It is the buyer’s responsibility to collect all purchases or arrange for their collection by a third-party carrier by 5pm on the Wednesday following the sale at the latest. (See Terms of Sale by Auction 4-7)
Carriage. We do not provide a carriage service for any purchased lots. We can, however, provide contact details for third-party carriers who may be able to assist.
Postage & packing. We do not provide either a packing service or a posting service for any purchased lots. Buyers requiring these services may choose to contact the specialist postal delivery company Mail Boxes Etc, who can be contacted at Horsham (Tel: 01403 265005, E-mail: email@example.com
) or Guildford (Tel: 01483 453131, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
No lots will be released to a third-party carrier without first being paid for in full.