Your Privacy & Security
https://www.tooveys.com is a website and service operated by Rupert Toovey & Co Limited T/A Toovey’s. Rupert Toovey & Co Limited is registered in England and Wales under company number 2994075 and have our registered office and trading address at Spring Gardens, Washington, West Sussex, RH20 3BS, United Kingdom.
We take the privacy and security of your personal information very seriously and our systems and processes are designed to protect your privacy. You can read more about our security here.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the "Act"), Rupert Toovey & Co Limited T/A Toovey’s is registered with the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) as a data controller. Visit https://ico.org.uk/ for more information.
Our nominated representative for the purpose of the Act is Revd Rupert W Toovey FRICS.
In this Policy your "data" means information or pieces of information relating to you or that could allow you to be directly or indirectly identified.
- Why do we collect your personal information?
- When do we collect your personal information?
- What data do we collect?
- For what purpose will your personal information be used?
- What if your personal information changes?
Why do we collect your personal information?
The Toovey’s website collects personal information from its users in order to provide you with a superior customer experience and, as necessary, to administer our business. It allows us to provide you with better access to our products and services, with a particular focus on items that may be of most interest to you. For more information as to why we collect personal information, please see the section below entitled: "For what purpose will your personal information be used?"
Your personal information also allows us to communicate with you about special offers, promotions, and other marketing programs and news that may be of interest to you.
When do we collect your personal information?
The Tooveys website collects your personal information when you register to use the website, when you submit a bid for an auction lot, when you request further information on a lot, or when you sign up to our email mailing list.
What data do we collect?
When you register to use the Tooveys website we collect your name, postal address, contact telephone numbers and email address. We also ask you to setup a password to use when logging into the Tooveys website.
If you sign up to our email mailing list, we store your name and email address for use with our email marketing.
- Your personal information
- Full name, including first and last names and salutation, suffix and prefix
- Full postal address, including international country code
- Contact telephone numbers, including land lines, direct dial telephone numbers and mobile/cellular telephone numbers
- Email address
- Company name, where applicable
- Technical device information
- The type of device you use (e.g. are you using an Apple or a Samsung device)
- A unique device identifier (for example, your device’s IMEI number or the MAC address of the device’s wireless network interface)
- Network information (e.g. are you on the 3 network or BT Broadband)
- Your operating system
- Your IP address and HTTP referrer information
- Your login information
- The browser you are using and what version it is (e.g. are you using the Chrome or Safari browser?)
- Time zone setting (e.g. GMT, EST?)
For what purpose will your personal information be used?
We will use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our online platform is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes including responding to your queries or comments.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us. You understand that in order to provide our services to you we need to process your personal data. We ensure that any personal data we disclose to any third party in accordance with our Policy is kept to the minimum required to allow the safe and effective delivery of services to you.
- To notify you about changes to our services.
- In the case of bidding, your personal information is used to identify you as a unique bidder and, specifically, your contact details will be used to contact you if you are a successful bidder.
- Upon signing up to our email mailing list, your email address will be used periodically to send you information regarding forth coming auctions and events, or other periodic mailings that we think you may be interested in.
You may log into your account and change your email settings at any time.
We will never sell your data. You understand that third party services that Rupert Toovey & Co Limited T/A Toovey’s uses change from time-to-time and may not always be reflected concurrently in this Policy. From time to time we may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to receive feedback about our services or to provide you with information about our goods and services which may be of interest to you. We or they may contact you about these by SMS, Email, post or telephone. Rupert Toovey & Co Limited T/A Toovey’s reserves the right to change third party service providers and will use best endeavours to notify you as soon as reasonably practicable each time there is a change in third party service provider by updating this policy.
Currently, Rupert Toovey & Co Limited T/A Toovey’s works with the following third party service providers:
- Google Analytics - to help us analyse how people use its websites and identify improvements (https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/)
- MailChimp & Mandrill - to send email communications to customers (http://mailchimp.com/legal/privacy/ and https://www.mandrill.com/privacy/)
What if your personal information changes?
If your personal information changes you may log into your account and change your personal information, contact details and password at any time. As your email address forms part of your login, it not usually possible to change this after registration. If you require help please contact us at email@example.com for further assistance.
Removal of your personal information from our database.
If you no longer wish for us to store and use your personal information please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ’Remove me’. This may take up to 28 working days to process. This will not affect any contract entered into bidding and your details will not be deleted if you have any outstanding accounts with Toovey’s.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee to meet our administrative costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you and we require you to prove your identity with 2 pieces of approved identification. You can exercise the right at any time by contacting us at Toovey’s, Spring Gardens, Washington, West Sussex, RH20 3BS, United Kingdom or by email at email@example.com
Changes to our Policy
Any changes we may make to our Policy in the future will be posted on this page and, where appropriate, notified to you by e-mail.
Any comments or questions regarding this Policy they should be addressed to Toovey’s, Spring Gardens, Washington, West Sussex, RH20 3BS, United Kingdom or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org